"`Stop' said my Mongol guide, when we crossed the plateau of Tzagan Luk, `Stop.'
"His camel bowed down without the need of him ordering it. The Mongol raised his hands in a gesture of adoration and repeated the sacred phrase: "OM MANI PADME HUM "
"The other Mongols immediately stopped their camels and began to pray.
`"What happened?' I wondered, bringing my camel to a halt.
"The Mongols prayed for some moments, then mounted their camels and rode on.
"Thus spoke the old Mongol.
"Mongolia, with its terrible mountains and limitless plateaus was born a mystery which was preserved by the red and yellow lamas. The rulers of Lhasa and Ourga guarded this science and possessed these mysteries. It was during my trip to Central Asia that I heard for the first time this Mystery of Mysteries, to which I formerly paid no attention, but only did later, when I was able to analyze it and compare certain testimonies frequently subjected to controversy. The old men on the border of Amyil told me an old legend, according to which a Mongolian tribe, seeking to escape from Genghis Khan, hid in a subterranean land. Later, near Nogan Lake, I was shown by Soyota a door which served as the entrance to the kingdom of Agharta.
"It was through this door that a hunter entered into this region and, after he returned told of his visit. The lamas cut off his tongue to prevent him from speaking about the Mystery of Mysteries. In his old age, he returned to the entrance of the cavern and disappeared into the Subterranean World, which memory always brought emotion to the nomad.
"I obtained more detailed information from Houtouktou Jelyl Djamsrap de Narabanch Kure. He told me the history of the arrival of the all-powerful King of the World to the door of exit of the Subterranean World, his appearance, his miracles and prophecies. I then commenced to understand this legend, this hypothesis, this collective vision, which, no matter how we interpret it, conceals not only a mystery but a real force which governs and influences the course of the political life of Asia. From that moment, I commenced my investigations. The lama Gelong, favorite of Prince Choultoun Beyli, gave me a description of the Subterranean World.
"More than six thousand years ago, he said, a holy man disappeared into the earth accompanied by a tribe of people and never returned to its surface. This inner world was also visited by various other men, as Cakya-Muni, Undur-Ghengen Paspa, Baber and others. No one knows where they found the entrance. Some say it was in Afghanistan, others say it was in India.
"All inhabitants of this region are protected against evil, and no crime exists within its boundaries. Science developed tranquilly, uninterrupted by war and free from the spirit of destruction. Consequently the subterranean people were able to achieve a much higher degree of wisdom. They compose a vast empire with millions of inhabitants governed by the King of the World. He masters all the forces of nature, can read what is within the souls of all, and in the great book of destiny. Invisibly he rules over eight hundred million human beings, all willing to execute his orders.
"All the subterranean passages in the entire world lead to the World of Agharta. The lamas say that all the subterranean cavities in America are inhabited by this people. The inhabitants of submerged prehistoric continents (Lemuria and Atlantis) found refuge and continued to live in the Subterranean World.
"The lama Turgut, who made the trip from Ourga to Pekin with me, gave me further details: The capital of Agharta (Shamballah) is surrounded by villas where live the Holy Sages. It reminds one of Lhasa, where the temple of the Dalai Lama rises on top of a mountain surrounded by temples and monasteries. His palace is surrounded by the palaces of the Gurus, who control the visible and invisible forces of the earth, from its interior to the sky, and are lords of life and death. If our crazy humanity will continue its wars, they may come to the surface and transform it into a desert. They can dry the oceans, transform continents into seas and cause the disappearance of mountains. In strange vehicles, unknown above, they travel at unbelievable speed through tunnels inside the earth. The lamas found vestiges of these men in all parts and in inscriptions on rocks; and saw remains of the wheels of their vehicles.
"When I asked him to tell me how many persons visited Agharta, the lama answered: `A great number, but most of those who were there maintain the secret as long as they live. When the Olets destroyed Lhasa, one of their regiments, in the mountains of the southwest, reached the limits of Agharta and were then instructed in mysterious sciences, for which reason the Olets and Talmuts became prophets. Certain black tribes of the east also entered Agharta and continued to live there for centuries. Later they were expulsed from the Subterranean World and returned to live on the surface of the earth, bringing with them knowledge of the mystery of prophecy by means of cards and reading the lines of the hand. (They were the ancestors of the gypsies.) In a certain region in the north of Asia there exists a tribe which is on the verge of disappearing and which frequents the caverns of Agharta. Its members can invoke the spirits of dead which live in space.'
"The lama then remained silent some time and then, responding to my thoughts, continued: `In Agharta, the sages write on stone tablets all the sciences of our planet and of other worlds. The Chinese Buddhist sages know that well. Their science is the most advanced and purest. In each century the sages of China united in a secret place near the sea and on the backs of a hundred large turtles that come out of the ocean they write the conclusions of the divine science of their century.'
"This brings to my mind a story that was related to me by an old Chinese attendant in the Temple of Heaven in Pekin. He told me that turtles live for three thousand years without air or food and for this reason all the columns of the blue Temple of Heaven rest on the backs of living turtles, so that wooden supports would not rot.
"Many times did the rulers of Ourga and Lhasa send ambassadors to the King of the World, said the lama librarian, but they could not reach him. However, a Tibetan chief, after a battle with the Olets, came to a cavern whose opening bore the following inscription: "`THIS DOOR LEADS TO AGHARTA.'
"From the cavern left a man of beautiful appearance, who presented to him a Golden tablet bearing strange inscriptions, saying:
"`The King of the World will appear to all men when comes the time of the war of the good against the evil; but this time has not yet come. The worst members of the human race have yet to be born.'
"Chang Chum Ungern sent young Prince Pounzig as an ambassador to the King of the World. The ambassador returned with a letter for the Dalai Lama of Lhasa. He wished to send him a second time but the young ambassador never returned."
From the evidence contained in this book, confirmed by many Arctic explorers whom we cite, we come to the following conclusions:
1. There is really no North or South Pole. Where they are supposed to exist there are really wide openings to the hollow interior of the Earth.
2. Flying saucers come from the hollow interior of the Earth through these polar openings.
3. The hollow interior of the earth, warmed by its central sun (the source of Aurora Borealis) has an ideal subtropical climate of about 76 degrees in temperature, neither too hot nor too cold.
4. Arctic explorers found the temperature to rise as they traveled far north; they found more open seas; they found animals traveling north in winter, seeking food and warmth, when they should have gone south; they found the compass needle to assume a vertical position instead of a horizontal one and to become extremely eccentric; they saw tropical birds and more animal life the further north they went; they saw butterflies, mosquitoes and other insects in the extreme north, when they were not found until one is as far south as Alaska and Canada; they found the snow discolored by colored pollen and black dust, which became worse the further north they went. The only explanation is that this dust came from active volcanoes in the polar opening.
5. There is a large population inhabiting the inner concave surface of the Earth's crust, composing a civilization far in advance of our own in its scientific achievements, which probably descended from the sunken continents of Lemuria and Atlantis. Flying saucers are only one of their many achievements. It would be to our advantage to contact these Elder Brothers of the human race, learn from them and receive their advice and aid.
6. The existence of a polar opening and land beyond the Poles is probably known to the U.S. Navy in whose employ Admiral Byrd made his two historic flights and which is probably a top international secret.
Evidence exists; all we need to do is examine it